|Privacy - Site Terms and Conditions|
Terms and Conditions
The following conditions apply to all of The Knitting Guild Association sites and domains, including but not limited to: www.TKGA.com. By accessing this site, you agree to the following:
1. These sites and domains must not be used to sell or promote any commercial product or service, or by any merchant or web site offering commercial goods and/or services without prior written permission from The Knitting Guild Association.
2. This site must not be used to disseminate any information in the name of The Knitting Guild Association which has not been supplied or given previous approval by The Knitting Guild Association.
3. This web site is protected by federal copyright laws. The name of The Knitting Guild Association and any other intellectual property belonging to The Knitting Guild Association, including, but not limited to, the contents of all of The Knitting Guild Association sites and domains listed above, is the property of The Knitting Guild Association, and must not be used on any other web site without prior written permission from The Knitting Guild Association, nor must it be used in conjunction with any unethical, immoral or obscene materials, communications or web site content. Content may not be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, or transferred in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of The Knitting Guild Association, except that users may download pages or other content for their own personal use on a single computer, but no part of such content may be otherwise or subsequently reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written agreement of, and with express attribution to, The Knitting Guild Association.
4. Use of information from this web site to form e-mail "spam" lists or solicitation lists of any kind, or related to any activity or event is strictly prohibited.
5. Use of any of the written content of any of The Knitting Guild Association sites or domains on any other web site or printed material without prior written permission from The Knitting Guild Association is prohibited.
6. Use of The Knitting Guild Association broadcasts or publications and/or any other vehicle of communication provided on any of The Knitting Guild Association sites or domains to harass, deliberately misinform, or deliberately mislead or confuse others is strictly prohibited.
7. This Web site is provided by The Knitting Guild Association on an "as is” and "as available” basis. The Knitting Guild Association makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to merchantability and fitness for a particular use, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. The Knitting Guild Association in particular makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, that the information contained or referenced herein is accurate or complete. Use of this site is at a user’s sole risk. The Knitting Guild Association shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, compensatory, or punitive damages resulting from the use, access, or inability to use this information, nor shall The Knitting Guild Association be liable or responsible in any way for possible errors or omissions in the contents hereof, or for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of or reliance upon information contained herein. Nothing in this Web site is to be construed as a recommendation to use any product, process, equipment or formulation, or as an endorsement, certification or approval of any product, service, or company, unless specifically stated to the contrary by The Knitting Guild Association.
8. The Knitting Guild Association makes no representations and provides no warranties whatsoever concerning third party sites. The fact that The Knitting Guild Association has provided a link to a third party site does not constitute an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship or affiliation by The Knitting Guild Association with respect to such third party site or its owners or providers or any products or services mentioned or offered at the third party site unless expressly stated to the contrary. The Knitting Guild Association expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information and/or quality of products or services provided by, advertised on, or sold through, all third party sites.
To the extent that the above terms and conditions impose any requirements or restrictions upon users, failure to comply may result in legal action by The Knitting Guild Association.
These terms and conditions are subject to amendment without prior notice.
TKGA respects the privacy of its customers and other visitors to its Web site. TKGA strongly believes that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, consumers must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately.
To protect online privacy, TKGA has implemented the following policy.
What Information Does TKGA Collect?
Most data TKGA collects are used only to help TKGA better serve its customers. It is our general policy to collect and store only personal information that our customers and visitors knowingly provide. If our privacy policies change, we will notify all users by e-mail or a special announcement placed on the Web site.
From General Users. TKGA does not collect any personal information from users browsing its Web site. Users to the public areas of TKGA's Web site browse anonymously. Only aggregate data – such as the number of hits per page — are collected. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
From TKGA Customers. To gain access to certain e-commerce and personalization features on the TKGA Web site, customers and other users are asked to register and provide some limited information. These data are submitted voluntarily. TKGA asks users to provide their name, member number (where association membership information is collected during show registration), company name (for trade shows), street address, city, state, zip code or country, phone, and e-mail. Similar information may be submitted to TKGA through association membership applications, show registration and miscellaneous orders.
No Information About Children. The Knitting Guild Association does not knowingly, directly or passively, collect information from children under the age of 13. If we create offers and products that make it appropriate to collect information from children under the age of 13, we will notify you of the change in this Policy.
Public Forums. Our Site makes forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. The Knitting Guild Association prohibits users from using any information gleaned from public profiles or other personal information contained on any of our Board forums or Chat rooms, or other TKGA web services, for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial emails, "hate emails" or "spam" to our members. Club/Guild/Chapter listing information is posted on the Site for the sole purpose of assisting members in communication within The Knitting Guild Association only, and is not to be used to form solicitation lists of any kind.
How Does TKGA Use Data Collected?
TKGA uses information voluntarily submitted by customers in the following ways:
TKGA Customer Services and Products. Generally, TKGA and its direct subsidiaries use data collected to improve its own Web content; to respond to visitors' interests, needs and preferences; and to develop new products and services.
Disclosures to Third Parties. TKGA may also make show registrant contact information available to show exhibitors using the Web site. In addition, TKGA incorporates information users provide into hard copies of the post-show attendee registration list that it provides to show exhibitors. On occasion, TKGA may also provide limited data to third parties that offer products and services.
Consent to Use Personal Information. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act(s) 1984 and 1998 (as applicable), TKGA or its agents must store, host and otherwise process the information (including personal data) supplied by the User when registering for this Web site. TKGA may send such data outside the European Economic Area for processing. If you reside in the European Union, please indicate your consent that the personal information you have provided may be transferred and stored in countries outside of the EU, including the United States. User supplies as defined above when registering for the Web site in order to allow TKGA (or its designated agents) to use the information to send the User unsolicited direct mail advertisements, promotions, and solicitations for third parties' products and services.
Credit Card Account Information. TKGA does not disclose credit card account information provided by its customers. When customers choose to pay using their credit cards, TKGA submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
Cookies are not used to disseminate significant information about Users over the Internet or to analyze any information that Users have knowingly or unknowingly provided. Users may instruct their Internet browsers to opt out of accepting a "persistent" cookie and rather accept only a "per-session" cookie, but may need to log in each time they visit the site to enjoy the full benefits. If the user declines the attachment of any cookie, the user may not have access to the full benefits of the Web site. Registration enables the site to better determine customers' interest areas and provide the most relevant information.
What Privacy Issues Arise With Links To Other Sites?
This Web site contains links to other Web sites. TKGA has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
What Means Of Redress Are Available?
If any User suspects TKGA has handled its personal information in a manner that does not comply with this privacy statement, please contact us by e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (740) 452-4541.